Thank you for using Keepsayk! This policy was written to explain what information we collect and how we use it. Some of the concepts below may seem technical, but we’ve tried to explain them in a straightforward way. Feel free to contact us with your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, scrapbooks, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Keepsayk on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter account to Keepsayk, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have Keepsayk features.
Basically, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there is certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data. When you use Keepsayk or go to a webpage or use an app that has Keepsayk features, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Keepsayk features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Keepsayk, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Keepsayk on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you, make them better, develop new products, and protect Keepsayk and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product feature, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting scrapbooks you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in travel or visited travel websites that have Keepsayk features, we may suggest travel-related scrapbooks or scrapbooks by people that we think you might like;
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like reshares or comments, happens on Keepsayk), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you periodic updates that include scrapbooks you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by changing your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Keepsayk. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Keepsayk when they first sign up for Keepsayk. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Keepsayk using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Keepsayk does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you clear choices about your information. If you have a Keepsayk account, many of the choices you have on Keepsayk are built directly into the product or your account settings. Find out more in the Keepsayk knowledge base.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Keepsayk. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
Keepsayk lets you create beautiful shareable scrapbooks. With Keepsayk, you can use photos, videos and text to create a scrapbook right in the moment – an instant scrapbook™. When you create public scrapbooks, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Keepsayk account to those services or publish your activity on Keepsayk to them. For example, you can choose to publish your scrapbooks to Pinterest.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Keepsayk; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using Keepsayk how many people reshared a scrapbook they created, or the percentage of people who click on a scrapbook after viewing a cover photo and/or link.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Keepsayk is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Keepsayk after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.